The monsoon season in Goa has arrived! If you’ve ever been to Goa during this period you will relate to the excitement I am about to describe.
Monsoon season in Goa brings with it heavy rains as well as strong winds that can make you feel like you’re on top of the world. This makes it a great time to visit because there’s no better place than Goa to experience nature at its best. It is also a time of year when the rains can be incessant; perfect for those who enjoy adventurous getaways. There will be fewer tourists during the rainy season, and this allows for some tranquil moments in the lap of nature for you to marvel at.
Things to do during monsoon season in Goa
There are many things to do during monsoon in Goa – from visiting temples, beaches and waterfalls to just hanging out at your house with friends, Goa has something to offer to everyone. The season offers some good opportunity to explore nature and cultures of Goa, and engage in some outdoor activities like paddle boarding and kayaking. One of my favorite things to do in Goa during monsoon is visiting the churches in the old town where Portuguese influences can still be seen today. The weather is perfect for some outdoor activities like hiking or biking through scenic landscapes, and enjoying long sunsets over rice paddies. The surreal landscape washed by rain is truly a visual delight for the travelers.
Some things to take care of during monsoon season in Goa
After a long day of exploring beaches, temples, and markets in South Goa you don’t want to be caught unprepared for the monsoon season. Here are some things to keep in mind before your next trip:
- Check weather reports ahead of time so you know what to expect before arriving
- Pack an umbrella or rain jacket if there is a chance of heavy rainfall
- Carry water with you at all times during heavy rains (especially important when hiking)
- Be aware that many places close down due to flooding and plan accordingly.
My personal experience of visiting Goa in the monsoon
I was sitting in the airport in Goa and I can’t help but notice that this is the first time my skin has been exposed to such humidity in a long time. Usually, when I travel to a place I get excited about trying everything they have to offer. But that day, all I wanted was for it to stop raining because it was making me feel sick! Did I make a mistake visiting Goa in monsoon?
I was frustrated at myself for not doing more research on what Monsoon season means here. But as soon as I managed to wrap myself in a raincoat and headed out, my frustration melted away ! It rained almost every second of my stay in Goa, and what felt like a problem initially, soon turned into a delightful experience. I visited Palolem where I stayed at the Palolem Beach Resort. I had a chance to visit places like Agonda, Talpona, Rajbag, and Galgibag Beach. I even visited Cabo de Rama Fort, and I did all this while it rained non stop ! (I will soon be writing blog posts about my monsoon experience in Agonda and other palces in detail so stay tuned).
If you are looking for somewhere to go this monsoon, Goa is the perfect destination. Goa is a land of natural beauty and it is guaranteed to take your breath away with its endless beaches, gorgeous sunsets and lush rainforests. There is no shortage of waterfalls cascading through forested hillsides or rivers meandering lazily down coastal plains, and this means more opportunities for adventurous outdoor activities like kayaking on lakes or rafting on white-water rapids. And don’t forget about our great nightlife too! Tourists can enjoy their favorite cocktails at sunset overlooking the beaches, while enjoying some rocking music.
In my opinion, monsoon season in Goa is a great time to visit. It’s not too hot, the ocean water isn’t crowded with tourists and the rain can be quite refreshing when you’re out on the beach or exploring coastal villages. There are plenty of things to do during this time as well. But don’t forget your umbrella, hat and raincoat because it does pour down nonstop here 🙂
South Goa (Video)
Latest Blog Posts
- I read ‘Antifragile: Things that gain from Disorder’ by Nassim TalebAntifragile: Things that gain from Disorder. Stress is beneficial. The legend of Mithridates IV. Comfort causes atrophy. Hormesis is necessary for survival. This phenomenon has been named Mithridatization.
- [Book Review] Hygge: The Danish way to a simpler, happier lifeHygge: The Danish way to a simpler, happier life. The Danish Way of Living. Understanding Hygge. Hygge for happy life.
- ETF trading Strategy: What works and what doesn’t?ETF trading Strategy: What works and what doesn’t? Index Fund Investing. NIFTYBEES. MOTILAL OSWAL NASDAQ100. ETF Trading. And more.
- Radhanagar Beach in Havelock Island (2021 Guide)In 2004, Radhanagar beach was declared “Asia’s Most Beautiful” by Time magazine. The write-up quotes: “Along with the Iles du Desappointement near Tahiti, Beaches No. 5 and No. 7, Havelock Island, the Andamans, boast two of the least alluring names of any shoreline on the planet…. Havelock Island is largely untouched by humankind too – […]
- Chinese Stock Market for foreign investors: An opportunity or a trap ?Disclaimer The information presented here is for information purpose only. It should not be seen as an investment advice or endorsement of any financial instruments in particular. Before making any investments kindly consult your financial advisor. Investing in stock market of other countries is becoming a popular form of portfolio diversification. Funds like PGIM Global […]
- Making sense (and money) of[f] the Stock MarketBefore I begin, I would like to read a disclaimer. “I am not a financial advisor, and I am not professionally qualified to give financial advices. I am just a friendly neighborhood blogger who has learnt stock market all by myself. The analysis and tips I share on this blog is based on my personal […]
- Universal Travel Pass for Mumbai Travelers (Complete Guide)Universal Travel Pass system has been developed. How to apply for Universal Travel Pass? What people are saying about Universal Travel Pass in Mumbai?
- Non Fungible Tokens : What are they and Why should you care?What are NFTs? Non Fungible Tokens (NFTs). Why we even need NFTs ? Problems with NFTs. NFT means.. NFT crypto. Shopify NFT information
- Diversifying your Blog’s Income with Affiliate MarketingHow to start affiliate marketing? Amazon’s affiliate marketing program, Become successful with affiliate marketing. CJ Affiliate Program.